John Dickhaus joined Scruggs, Carmichael & Wershow, P.A., in February of 2021. John practices in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, business law, and wealth preservation planning.
Born in St. Petersburg, Florida, John attended the Pinellas County Center for the Arts at Gibbs High School where he studied music. John moved to Gainesville in 2009 to attend the University of Florida, pursuing a degree in Political Science and minors in Latin and Leadership. After graduating cum laude from the University of Florida in December 2012, John moved to Washington D.C. where he worked for four years as a legislative clerk at the United States House of Representatives. Working full time during the day, John attended law school at the Catholic University of America’s part-time evening law division. While studying at Catholic, John was a proud member of the Catholic University of America’s Journal of Law and Technology. Upon receiving his Juris Doctor in May 2017, John was proud to receive the Columbus Award, “presented to the graduating student who best exemplified spirit, service, academic excellence, and extracurricular achievement . . . and who has fostered strong bonds of community.”
Mr. Dickhaus is admitted to the Florida Bar, and he is a member of the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the Bar. In his personal life, John enjoys exercise, the outdoors, staying active in the Gainesville music community, cheering on the Florida Gators, following the Tampa Bay Rays through advanced sabermetric empirical analysis, and supporting the other Tampa Bay professional sports franchises.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2017
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2012
- Florida, 2017
- Knights of Columbus
- Eighth Judicial Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division—Secretary
- Gainesville Pops
- Capella Nova Community Chorus
- Take Stock In Children Student Mentor
- Miss Gainesville Scholarship Competition—General Counsel
- University of Florida Friends of Music—Board of Directors
- Florida House on Capitol Hill—Board of Young Trustees